State Line Distillery
State Line Distillery won the 2018 “Most Innovative Green Solution” Award from In Business Magazine. Continue reading below for some fun facts about the project!
Who? What? When? Where?
Who: State Line Distillery founded by John Mleziva; Designed by Sketchworks Architecture; Construction by Supreme Structures Inc.; Engineered by MP-Squared Structural Engineers
What: Small-batch distillery producing gin, vodka, apple brandy and whiskey
When: Opened May 2017
Where: Located in the East Washington Corridor in Madison, WI
- The building was previously a nickel plating factory that had been unoccupied for over 10 years
- Materials used in the tasting room were all sourced from a single-family barn from Wisconsin
- The existing building was built in four phases, which was a challenge during the design process because each phase was built with a different structural framing system
- Where possible, the existing brick and metal panel façade were salvaged, bringing together the old and the new
- State Line Distillery’s spirits are sourced from local fields and their botanicals are sourced from local gardens
Visit State Line Distillery’s Website to learn more: https://www.statelinedistillery.com/